Saturday, February 03, 2024

My Facebook/Instagram/hotmail got hacked :(

It has been 2 weeks since my hotmail and social media accounts were hacked. My password was changed, and I was not able to sign in to facebook/Instagram/messenger/Carousell.

I received an email from the hacker himself, email sent from my email to me, which was really scary, as he guessed my password correctly.

One month before this incident, for the first time, I felt that I have been spending too much time on social media, to the point that I was addicted.

I jokingly told my sister that I need to stop going on social media for 3 months, and need to do a social media fast.

Little did I know, that my wish will come true so soon.

Right now, as I am blogging, I have lost all access as my Facebook has been disabled, and Instagram is gone.

It was a big blow, as there were so many years of memories stored there.

Being someone who actively post and share things on these platform, it felt like a big part of me is missing.

Suddenly, I am in a world of only myself and the people around me.

There is no one from the virtual world who could affirm me, like my post, or look at what I shared.

Reality sinks in, there is only me and the people I come face to face to in my actual life.

Life is much quieter now. Yet, it might not be for the worst.

I realised that I was able to live in the moment more, and really be present to the life I am in. However, I missed all the memories that are stored on these accounts, and I wished that it’s not gone. That’s 16++ years of my life!

I can’t really imagine if all the memories are lost.

Wrote in to FB and IG to try to get my accounts back, but have yet to receive a response from them.

Though somehow, at the back of my mind, this change may not be a bad thing.

It’s uncomfortable and sad, yet, more than ever, I feel that I do not need to keep posting things online.

I could focus more on blogging and self reflection, which was my favourite thing to do, before FB and IG came. Haha. So see you all more on my blog!

Hope there is still someone reading this blog. Please leave some comments below if you wish to encourage a sad girl who has lost her social media accounts.

FB or IG, if you see this post, please let me have my accounts back. :'(

No comments: