Wednesday, July 05, 2023

IVF Treatment-Day 4

Today, on 3 Jul 2023 (Day 4 of menses), I received a call from NUH nurse. She informed me about the schedule, and finally, I can have some sort of certainty in life.

Waiting for Day 1 of the menses, and not knowing the fixed dates of the treatment was not easy, for an ESFJ like me.

Personality of a “J” (last letter of the MBTI personality type), is one who needs a plan/schedule. We have back-up plans for our plans, and things need to be well thought out, before it happens. Sometimes, we worry too much about things that might not even happen.

Unlike our complement personality, the “P”, who is free-spirited, spontaneous, where last minute plans/changes energized them, “J” feels a certain level of stress when there are last minute stresses, or when there is an open-ended to their plans.

I have often joked with hubby, how to 'J' personality type, deadlines have to be met, otherwise we will be 'dead'. However, to the 'P' personality type, deadlines are not life threatening. Even if you miss it due to valid reasons, it's ok, as there are alternative plans to meet it!

For more information about which personality type you are, you can try the very spot-on Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test below:

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Ok I got distracted. Back to the procedure haha.

Thanks to my colleague cum mentor at work, N told me in Feb’23, to start taking care of myself. She advised me not to wait till June, but to start regulating my mood, stay happy, relaxed, eat well, so that my cycles will be more regular, and I can somehow predict when Day 1 of the cycle will happen in June. (My cycles were very irregular due to stresses at work)

And she was so right!

Thanks to her valuable advice, I started exercising, doing things that makes me happy since Feb’23, and Day 1 happened close to the planned date: 30 Jun 2023!

The nurse proceeded to give me some dates to follow, and also asked me to go to NUH Pharmacy to collect 7 days of medicine, to start the medicine from 17 Jul 2023.

Thanks to a 1hour off from work for Youth Day, I was able to rush down to NUH and collect my 7 days of medicine. Yay! One thing off my checklist. I am a happy “J”! To do list item- checked!

Next, we have to go down to NUH, to sign the IVF Consent form, and bring along our marriage cert.

Hubby is extremely busy with work at the moment, so he might not be able to make it on the date given by the nurse.

In the past, I would have been upset due to my inflexible nature. Over the years of marriage, we have since learnt to complement one another (There is no best personality, each personality has its own set of strengths and weaknesses! so it helps to learn from one another and be a more well-balanced individual.)

So I shall relax, calm down, and wait for him to be free, before getting his available dates, to arrange with the doc to sign the consent form! *deep breaths* ;)

The nurse then informed me to start the injection on 28 July 2023 for 12-14 days. And there is an appointment with the doctor on 27 July 2023! Extraction of eggs will be somewhere in mid-Aug’23!

This came as a surprise as I thought the whole IVF treatment must finish in one month, since one cycle usually last a month. Checked with the nurses and they told me that due to the medicine and injections, my menses won’t be coming. So this whole IVF cycle will last for 2 months from Day 1! >.<

Praying hard for His grace, and for me/us to have the mental strength to go through these two months well. Do keep us in prayers, we need it! ><

However, this was not the only surprise.

The nurse then told us that if we were to catch COVID in any part of the IVF Treatment (1.5month-2months), the treatment would have to be cancelled, and we would have to bear the full cost.

I was so shocked when I heard this! Guess we need to be wise, make effort to protect ourselves, wear mask, don’t go to crowded places, from now to early Sept23!

Praying that we can go through this already-mentally taxing process, smoothly!

It’s no wonder that there is a certain level of helplessness going through this, and this process could be a long, lonely and emotional one.

Not only is there the emotional portion, but there is also a lot of uncertainty. Financially, it cost a lot too. There is so much invested in many layers, and we haven’t talk about the outcome yet! With COVID around now, it makes it more complex and there is unrest.

Thankfully, in this turbulent situation and turmoil, there is one certainty, which keeps me sane - and that is - having God with me.

Over the years, I saw and experienced the goodness of God - how He has protected me, closed doors that I wanted badly, guide me, etc. Even if I can’t see His hand, I know His heart. He is a good Father, and He always wants the best for us, and He loves us deeply. Sometimes, things happen, and it might not be what we think is the best, but He knows exactly what we need.

I am going to trust Him, by faith, and go through this journey well, believing His good plans for me.

Thank you for all your continuous prayers for us! Appreciate your love and support!

Shall document all the dates down, in case someone is going through this same journey too. You are not alone! Let's jiayou together! ❤

No comments: