Sunday, August 06, 2017

[6/8/17 Service]: The importance of lessons learnt from crisis~

Went to church today after a few weeks of MIA due to sick/accompanying dad at home/tiredness, and woah, what an awesome service it was! Feeling so much more refreshed than before, and I have decided, I MUST go to church weekly~ Time to set my priorities right, and put God first!~



Watching service at home and live! is a different story totally - the presence in church was so tangible, and I really enjoyed it!

It started with Matthew 16:26, the parable of the rich young man, where he came to Jesus and asked where else was he lacking, because he obeyed the commandments. He, for all credit was a sensible young man. However, when asked to sell his worldly possessions, he was not able to do so, as he loved the world, and he walked away 'sorrowful'.

This strike a huge chord with me. Nope, it doesn't mean i am going to sell away all my possessions, don't worry. lol, but WOWW.

Ok so here it goes - as per my previous post, I am usually a thrifty person. Thrifty not stingy on others ok, because I do believe being able to give is a huge blessing itself! :)

Due to going through and watching how tough it was for our parents to bring up the four of us when we grew up, we are able to grow up in harsh conditions. This is something I take pride in, that I am able to eat plain porridge and cai xin/canned tuna/pork floss for a meal. So yepps, I won't starve as long as I got my papa fav home-cooked porridge and some sides!

For the longest time, I feel that I am easy to "yang". And I have this happy sweet thought that I am quite special, because I do not have a love for money and worldly possessions.



In this recent year, I had the wonderful chance to really save up a lot of liquid cash, not those stuck in some investment kind. (To clarify, I am someone who usually feel very rich, even when my bank has $300 cash. so my definition of 'a lot' may not really be a lot to some la)

Maybe because all the debts are cleared, the mortgage loans of the family car and then remaining house loans are fully paid. For once, the discipline of saving up really shows in my cute bank account. :)

However, when the savings were threatened, I realised how much struggle it was for me to give it up, temporarily or not. I was not the nicest person I thought I was. It was really by ALOT of grace and love from God that things managed to go on well as per normal. Thank God for intervening to help me love and forgive, I can never be able to do it so quickly by my own strength!

OK, so what the point of my grandmother story? The point is, the realisation of my fallen nature, that I too, will cringe at the thought of losing my money, just like the rich man in the bible. I too, cares about money. *sobs at the realisation that I am not that special afterall* =(

Haha! But yes, through this experience, I learnt that I have to trust God more, not selectively, but yes in ALL areas. Self reminder! :)



Pastor then went on to preach and showed us examples in the bible, on how pain prepares us for our purpose, and how important it is that we LEARN from bad experiences. Not just share testimonials and forget the lesson learnt from the miracle we received, but to REMEMBER the lessons, and use it to apply for our next crisis.

Good management of bad experiences leads to great growth, bad management of good experiences leads to crisis and decline!

So, I went home and thought of the miracles in my life, and lessons learnt, and I shall state here for my own information, please act interested - thanks. =)

Like he say, an experience does not teach you anything, only an evaluated experience will teach you the lessons and wisdom for the next crisis you WILL face!

So what are my 5+1 hard lessons learnt in life so far?

1. Don't ever write bad things on social media. Especially when things can easily go out of control nowadays
2. Humility, everything is from God, not from my own credit or intelligence. (This is the toughest lesson which took me 6 years to finally learn - too long to elaborate here, I hope I have learnt it, because if not something will happen that makes me learn, which I never want again OMG)
3. Don't be so attached to your worldly possessions. Didn't I believe that God is the provider - where is the faith of a mustard seed?? (Work in progress)
4. If God can perform the miracle once, He can do it again. Believe and trust!
5. Love Daniel much much (Haha! He typed in this one for me in my phone) =P
6. Share your feelings with others, do not pent it up inside - if not, it may burst one day!



OK that's all! What are your list of miracles and lessons learnt, a list that you do not want to forget the next time you meet a challenge?

Have a good week and a happy national day holiday next week! :)







No comments: