Wednesday, February 02, 2022

2nd month into 2022!

I am back to update on life! So one month has passed, how has it been?

January has been busy at work, as usual. However, thank God for the motivation to exercise, i have managed to exercise more! :) and limit my social media to a minimum.

We started on a few new type of exercises like running/walking/badminton/swimming. After exercising, I always feel so good! (Even if the day is tough)

The endorphins makes the mood better, and somehow, sweating out makes you too tired to brood on things, thus going to bed earlier!

For the longest time, i have told myself that i can't run, only could walk. So this time, when i started running, and realising that i could actually run, it was a big breakthrough in my life.

When i first started running for 30mins, my body was so new to it. My heart beat jumped to 160-180 beats per minute easily.

For AIA Vitality, it requires running at 70% of maximum heart rate for 30mins, in order to qualify for the vouchers. 70% for me is about 132 beats per minute. so 160-180 is really high! Just running a short distance will prompt my heart to pump the blood vigorously. So i did not have to do much, to hit the 70%. It was amusing because Hubby told me, usually he has to sprint all the way to reach 150 beats per minute.

However, after a month of running, my heart rate has gone down to 140-150 beats per minute. (more normal) So now, i have to make an effort to run more, for the heart beat to stay above 132 beats per minute. :) However, it was also an achievement, meaning that the heart is stronger now! :)

As the sole of my old sport shoes are worn out after 5 years of wearing it, I decided to buy a new pair of shoes at an offer. My good friends introduced the ASICS brand of sports shoes, and i got this! :) It's really pretty and I can bounce wearing the shoes due to the Gel, so i am very happy with the purchase!

Bought the same pair of shoes with my mama! :)

Badminton is also a sport we picked up. Booking a court at ActiveSG requires the fastest fingers first. It is always fully booked, especially the Clementi and Jurong East Sport Hall. Started the sport with a few friends living in the west, and wow, we really sweat ALOT from this sport! I could feel my arms becoming toner now. =)

Look at the Badminton racket and shoes i invested with my bonus! :) *Flies around the house because i am too happy with this investment*

The Badminton Racket, with The Bear (Olivia) :)

Badminton Shoes which i never knew we need, until the saleslady told me it's good for cushioning the impact on the knee and legs.

My mother in law asked if i was training to be Olympian. HAHA!

One thing I noticed is that although i have been exercising more, the weight has gone up! instead of going down. In the past, i will focus a lot on the weight, to judge the success of dieting. But now, i try not to look at that, because the body is actually gaining muscle. Right? Yes! :)

Some pictures of exercising!

1st badminton outing. Fell down in the first 5mins and injured the knees, but we continue on, and hit the 1hour mark!

2nd badminton outing! 2hours this time.

Dinner at VOLK with the boss! One of my favourite food :)



The delicious Salmon Bowl and Sake Clams @ Taman Jurong Food Centre - MUST TRY!

It has been a fruitful month, and i pray for divine motivation, to continue this for the rest of the year! :)

Back to work tomorrow. Happy CNY everyone!:) And i just realised today is 2.2.22. What a special date!

Bye!

No comments: