Tuesday, January 11, 2022

2022-1+ week of minimum FB/Instagram+ Signed up for SOT Course!

ok i am back! to update on how the first week of 2022 have been...

Not attempting to scroll FB/Instagram at every free moment i have, have allowed me to enjoy the present, and gave me time to think/pray..

Also had more time to read the bible plans, and when i needed to be updated on news, i would go to straits times/today/mothership to get myself updated.. Ok don't judge me, yes i read mothership! :)

As Mother Theresa says, quoted in the book, titled, Where there is love, there is God..

The fruit of silence is prayer
the fruit of prayer is faith
the fruit of faith is love
the fruit of love is service
the fruit of service is peace

Having the extra mental space to think, has been great! Not wanting to post every thing i am doing on social media, has also encouraged me to live in the present.. and not care so much about what others think/craving for validation. So far, it has been good!

Exercising has been ongoing as well. With the AIA Vitality App that i pay $8/month for + Lumi App, where i can earn free vouchers from Cold Storage, Grab, etc, i am encouaged to move around more! Thank God for the disclipline to move so far, and for the great apps!

Have also decided to sign up for the SOT Alumni Course, from March to June 2022, weekly on Wednesday through zoom, with exam in June. Want to seek Him first in all i do, and i pray for wisdom, to be able to understand what is taught. (Introduction to Protestantism & Evangelicalism) Even when i am typing the title of the course, i was already lost. >< (haha, Not the best at theroies!)

The only thing which has been bothering me, is the chest pain that i am having for about 2 weeks. Today, I finally went to see the doctor. The doctor did the ECG Test, and said the results looks normal. The nagging pain may be due to acid reflux, which is caused by stress. He prescribed me 2 weeks of gastric medicine, and asked me to see him in 2 weeks time, if the chest pain persists.

During the two weeks of in and out of pain, I began to really treasure time on Earth. Being alive and healthy is something we take for granted, the problems we faced usually tend to overshadow the blessings. I pray that i am not too late, in wanting to change my lifestyle to become healthier. Better late than never!

On MC today and rested... praying that the pain will be gone soon so that it's not so uncomfortable!

Being free from FB/IG, has also given me more time to be thankful for the things around me. I am thankful for good and helpful colleagues and bosses, and look forward to the BONUS that is coming soon + CNY!:) The first half of the year is going to be so hectic, praying for good physical and mental health to overcome it! :)

No comments: