Sunday, December 23, 2018

Cruise to Bali, Surabaya/SOT/Having Kids/2019 Resolutions

We are back from the cruise!!! OK that was one week plus ago, was having post holiday syndrome till now haha.

Going to the cruise with your family (loved ones) is one of the most relaxing and chill thing to do. The 7 of us, signed up for a 6D5N Cruise, with Genting Dream Cruise..and it was really great fun! As it was my first time on a cruise, I didn't know what exactly to expect. So all the entertainment shows, 3-4 restaurants of free buffets, (complimentary lobster for one dining experience) left me in awe.

Many told me that I will be so bored and want to jump out of the ship after a few days. But, I really did enjoyed myself!! With my most beloved parents and my sister and bro in law and aunty and Dan, we spent a lot of time eating and eating and eating the buffet. Stuffing ourselves and feeling like we are in a 5 star hotel due to the balcony sea room 'hotel' room we have. Dan brought his switch to the cruise, so my sis and our husbands played a lot of the game "Overcooked"(a cooking game), and it was hilarious.

On the last day, there was a finale of lucky draws and dancing, and we witness fireworks. It was so beautiful. I felt like I was starring in "Crazy Rich Asians", looking at the fireworks from the ship :)

So blessed to be able to experience it together! The tours out of the ship was not exactly very value for money, but I guess anywhere in the world with your loved ones will always be nice. #nottakingitforgranted!

6D5N was really a long time! Plus we did not buy Wifi. It was a wonderful detox session from social media. =) However, now that I have experience cruise once, I will most probably opt to go for a shorter trip next time. 4D3N?

But, as long as I am overseas, out of Singapore for holidays, I am the happiest person on Earth! :)

Is there a job where I can work and travel, do some meaningful work, and earn some money at the same time? That will be the best retirement job!

Photos time~

my sweet mil who sent us to the Marina Cruise Centre at Marina South Pier mrt. :)

Where is the food? lol

the first man I loved deeply.

 Shot at the room! Breathe taking sea view~
Parents and aunties!


SOT
I am really excited to go to School of Theology next year!! To learn more about His word, and draw closer to him, be a trained worker in the kingdom. I feel that I have so much knowledge to learn as I am still a novice in the Bible!

The time has come at work. My manager will be checking with the management next week, whether they allow me to take unpaid leave during this period. If can't, I will be tendering real soon.

God, please do what you think is the best for me!! I want to come back here to work so much!! Really enjoyed working here the past three years - it's like a dream job, being just 3 bus stop away from work, with good colleagues and boss,etc. Awww......

But yea, I shall accept the outcome for me, because I know that God always has the best plans for me! :)

Looking forward to being a student with flexible time again!

Having Kids
After 2 years plus being married, it is no wonder that everyone is checking with me on when we are having kids. At some moments, I really feel that I might not be able to take up the stress of a mother.

Mothers are such sacrificial people, always giving, having so little sleep, unconditional love for the child and family. I have super high respect for all mothers, the invisible hardworking hero behind each family.

But, I.....am seriously unsure about my own ability to take the high level of stress. Will it affect our happy marriage life with a kid? Will things become less sweet for us? Having watched a lot tv shows, where it portrayed how a kid can make or break a romance.. I really have fears and think twice! Hmm, I guess I need to have more faith in God in this aspect, as kids are really a bundle of joy from the Lord.

So sometimes, (just sometimes) I heaved a sigh of relief that I am not a mother yet. So I can still have the freedom to do what I want, and have lower stress.

BUT!! Sometimes, I still would SOOOO want to be a mother! In fact, when I was young, I wanted to be like my mother, who has four kids. I wanted three!! Before that fateful event that happen that changed how many kids I may have. :(

Because I look up to mothers, I hope I could be one, too!:) And I am quite traditional in my mindset! I think my role is to have kids, plus my parents will be so happy to be grandparents..(I really want them to be happy!) so yea, I pray I will have one or two kids, and somehow have the God-sent ability to take care of them well - when the time comes!!


yea, it is so conflicting I know.

Oh well, if I can really conceive in the first place, it will be such a great miracle from God. (haha.) My prayers for now is for me to be ready to be a good mum, before the baby comes..:) Praying for a miracle. but for now! I shall wait in the Lord and really just, trust His timing for the both of us!

I believe that He knows when is the best time for us, so I shall take the waiting now, as a preparation for me to be a good mother first. hehe! :)


I am so thankful that in 2007, I got to be saved and know Jesus. If not I will be such a low self esteem girl, always having so many worries and fears, depending on my own strength each time, tiring myself out. Like pastor say, life was negative 5 at first. Now, it is like a positive on our scales. :)

I really wish more could be able to experience the blessings and the peace that I do now! *Prays*



2019 Resolutions
OK so I have some really serious goals I hope to achieve next year...shall note it down.

1. Breakthroughs in my spiritual life and boldness! Take the chance to study hard! Love my hubby more:)


2. Be healthier! I have gained a whooping 10kg since I was married. LOL My mil ask my fil the other day, did I increase in weight? and he nodded!! ='( Sobs! Where is my mo gui shen cai (Sexy bod) hahaha...ok stop stop eating so much and not exercising. I have a big problem with inactivity..as I keep feeling sleepy.

I think I still find this weight gaining very amusing(as I have lost 10kg before in the past, so I know I can be determined when I set my heart to) Maybe when I hit 60kg then I will get a shock. I am real close though arghhhh!

So yea, I really want to go swimming with my mil often when school ends at 1pm daily next year. I know she likes swimming, so this is going to help the both of us alot! Get better in shape :) and live life healthily and to the fullest!!

Any female swimming coach in Clementi? I want to learn swimming!



3. Spend lots of time with both set of parents. Where else a better time for me to be a filial daughter! They are not young anymore, I must spend as much time as I can with them! :)


4. Learn Malay/go for counselling courses, find myself!

OK that's all. Short and sweet. :)

Two weeks of 3.5 days work week. Yay!! So much decision making in the next two weeks. And I have to brief the new teachers on Thursday on procurement. *cross fingers*

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone! :)



Lots of love,
Auntie Fung :)


























No comments: