Monday, August 07, 2023

IVF Treatment - Day 34

2 Aug 2023 – Today is Day 6 since the start of injections. Had a doctor appointment at 8.35am in the morning.

The nurses informed me that I had to take blood test, each time I come for a visit.

They did a scan and doctor mentioned that it was growing well.

Naively, I thought that the number of jabs will be the same: once a day.

After about 50mins wait for the injection kits, the nurses introduced 2 new injection kits to me, and did the 2 injections for me on the spot. One of the injection stings painfully, and the injection site was itchy and had a pinch-like feeling for 2-3hours!

After teaching me how to use the injection kits, I was told that from today, I would need to take 3 injections a day! Till 5 Aug 23. (11 jabs till Saturday morning!)

After the medical appointment, I decided to go back to work to finish up my work.

Upon going back, there was a huge pile of work to clear, and I spent the next 5+ hours going through all the documents, with little rest.

When I reached home at night, I felt very emotional and exhausted, and could not see how I was able to take the painful injections in the morning and still go to work the next two days.

Physically and mentally, it was a lot, as the pain from the injections/no. of injections/tight deadlines to meet/pile of work got into me. I cried.

I prayed and asked God for strength, to help me go through the next two days, as I have reached the limit.

Miraculously, I was able to go to work the next two days (in a weak state) and cleared a large portion of the work the next two days, wrote down all the things to follow up on + take the jabs at 6am daily.

Really thank God for the divine strength to help me through the past three days/weeks!

No comments: