Wednesday, July 19, 2023

IVF Treatment - Day 18

Today, on 17 July, we went to sign the IVF consent form, and take blood to test for HIV. I started on my 7 days medication!

The nurse patiently explained to us a long list of things to take note and we signed on a few forms.

Found many of the things interesting, shall note down for information:

1) The cost for egg storage is $800/year which we will be freezing (please pray for many good eggs, which response well - not overly too many but just nice quantity)

2) 75% of the cost is subsidized by government if both are Singaporeans.

3) After which, can use our Medisave of up to $6000 for the IVF Treatment. The remainder will be paid by cash.

4) Sedation is done during extraction of eggs

5) I requested for sedation for insertion of eggs. This was not common or allowed as normally; the insertion of eggs does not require sedation. I requested (and pleaded) as I was previously traumatized by my IUI Treatment done in another clinic. If you require more bloody information, you can text me to ask what happened. I will be open to share. =(

Thankfully, they agreed and this lift off a huge stress from me, knowing that I will be asleep when the procedure is done. TYJ! I am really so relieved!

6) We got to decide whether to dispose or donate the eggs for research if something happens to one of us. We both agreed to donate.

7) We must decide whether we want to put one or two eggs inside. She explained the risk of putting more than one egg. and the cute hubby asked whether can put 3 eggs in. LOL. We both chose a number, and she says that if we want to change, both of us must countersign to change the number of eggs to put in.

Taking the medicine has some weird sensation in my tummy, and I seemed more tired than usual, even though I try to sleep earlier.

Shall go rest soon as feeling sleepy, update again! Thanks for reading and following our journey!

No comments: